Wednesday 5 July 2017

Midweek Magnolias Challenge - Anything Goes

 Good morning!  I have a little sewing tin to share with you today for our Anything Goes challenge at Midweek Magnolias.  I have had this little sweet tin for years in my 'to alter' cupboard and finally found something to turn it into when I received the gorgeous sewing machine Doohickey from Magnolia-licious.
I cut out the sewing machine from black cardstock and set to work adding details with a gold gel pen and a white one for the cotton reel.   I then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I'm so pleased how it turned out.
I added layers of paper and cheesecloth to the tin lid. 
 I have stamped around the edges of the paper with stamps from the Stempelglede Grunge Hearts set.

 I also used a chipboard piece underneath the sewing machine.
 I added lace, ribbon and flowers from my stash along with a mini cotton reel and needle and a button.
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Midweek Magnolias.  Thanks for looking! x


3 comments:

Emma said...

What a gorgeous little tin, love this idea xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous little tin, love the little elements like the cotton reel and the chipboard lattice. The traditional black sewing machine is great :)

McStamper said...

Love, love your beautiful project. The sewing machine is just so perfect. Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration.