Monday 3 July 2017

All About Magnolia DT - Helter Skelter

 Good morning!  It is time for another challenge at All About Magnolia and our theme is 'All About Summer.'  When I look back at summers when I was a child I remember always being so excited to see a Helter Skelter when we were on holiday.  I remember being ever so slightly apprehensive at climbing the dark, rickety wooden stairs inside with my brother, only being able to hold on with one hand as clutched in the other was a hessian sack.  Then the thrill of whizzing round and round and round on the way down!  I've decided I need to find one this summer to relive the experience!  Anyway, I digress - this memory is what led me to make this 3D Helter Skelter card.
 The top of the Helter Skelter is adorned with a flag pole and flag cut with a Doohickey die.
 The edges of the slide is covered with ribbon.  I have made a little hessian sack for Tilda to slide down in.  This mini Tilda was the perfect size!
 I also made a little pile of hessian sacks at the bottom of the slide ready for people to grab for their turn.  The trees in the background were cut with a Doohickey die too.
 I have painted one of my absolute favourite Tildas for the foreground.  Maybe she's waiting for a go on the Helter Skelter?
 I cut a straw up to create little fence posts for either side of the card, like the Helter Skelter is in a fairground.
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at All About Magnolia Challenge.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations.  We are taking a little summer break so this challenge will run throughout July and August, giving you plenty of time to enter.  Thanks for looking! x


No comments: