Tuesday 20 June 2017

Magnolia-licious DT - BB8 Gift Bag

 Good morning!  I am so excited to share my inspiration post for Magnolia-licious this morning!  I'm a huge Star Wars fan so was thrilled when Magnolia brought out their Galaxy Collection, especially as my favourite character of all, Princess Leia, featured in it!  Now technically of course, BB8 doesn't appear with Princess Leia in this actual outfit, but it is just so cute that I'll forgive them!  One of my friends is also a huge Star Wars fan so the stamp was perfect to adorn this gift bag I made for her.  I gave a nod to BB8, who also features in the stamp, when designing the bag, with the circular shape and orange ribbons.
 I painted the image with Distress Inks using the no lines technique, as always.  I also added white dots to her cheeks and eyes with a gel pen.
 You can find orange satin ribbon at The Ribbon Girl.  I made a double bow for the top of the bag...
 ... and simply wrapped two rows of ribbon around the bag to give BB8 stripes.  I also added ribbon to the handles.
 On the back of the bag I stamped a Tim Holtz 'special delivery' stamp using Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, which matched the ribbon perfectly.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  You can find the rest of the Galaxy Collection here at Magnolia-licious.

3 comments:

Candy said...

Adorable, Jane!! Your friend will cherish it ;o)
Hugs, Candy

Unknown said...

So cute, gorgeous colouring and love the orange :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Juls said...

Beautiful xx