Wednesday 20 January 2016

Magnolia-licious DT - Mini Wednesday Post

 Good morning!  It is my turn to post on the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog for our Wednesday post today.  I'm so pleased that this year we are going to be showcasing Mini Magnolia World stamps again.  They are just so cute and open the door to all sorts of different creations that the regular size stamps are too big for.  We are also now running a Wednesday challenge in addition to our usual challenge.
 Today I've used Mini Tilda Reaching for the Stars and painted her with Distress Inks.  I've also used a white gel pen for the dots on her eyes and cheeks and some Stickles on her crown and the stars.  She is just so adorable don't you think?  I followed this tutorial to make my folding star card.  This is super quick to do yet so effective.  I know I'm going to be making more of these.  This is one such card that mini Magnolias are perfect for: a regular sized one would have hidden most of the star shape.
 All of the embellishments on my card are from The Ribbon Girl.  I love this silver flake web ribbon, it adds such a delicate, ethereal effect.
 The ticket is a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket.  I have inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
As you open up the card you reveal that it is just one triangle of paper!  How clever is that?  It works best with double sided paper I think.  For my card I have glued together two different patterned papers that were very thin as I didn't have a large enough piece of double sided paper to use.  As long as the papers are very thin gluing them together works perfectly!
The sentiment I have used comes with Pin Not Tilda from the World Wide Web Collection - this sentiment is full size not mini.  I have cut the stars with a Sizzix die using some gorgeous glitter card I have recycled from last year's Christmas crackers!
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia-licious Challenge this Wednesday.


Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations and to find out how you could win a prize by entering our new Wednesday Challenges.  Thanks for looking! x

3 comments:

Margo said...

She's so cute ! Your card is gorgeous !
Greetz
Margo

Nancy said...

So pretty! I love the design, and your beautiful rolled flowers! :o)

Candy said...

I LOVE IT JANE :O)

THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL.