Sunday 22 November 2015

Ribbon Girl DT - Twin Girls Card

Good morning!  I have a project to share today using lots of gorgeous Ribbon Girl goodies!  A card for the birth of twin girls!  I was commissioned to create this card and I gave the lady several different options for images.  She chose these cute prams that I had made up with different dies.  They were my favourite idea too but the trouble was they needed a huge card!  This double twisted easel card design was perfect because it meant the card could actually be a more reasonable size.
 For the prams I cut a large circle, cut it in half and then rearranged the pieces to form the base and hood.  I have used a Magnolia lace die for the frilly edges and part of a Magnolia swirl die for the pram handle.  Two small die cut circles for the wheels and a tiny, ready made bow from my stash, completes each pram.
 The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz set, stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.  The button and tulle are from The Ribbon Girl.
 The flags die is from Magnolia too and all of the gorgeous flowers are from The Ribbon Girl.
 I added a mirror image of the flower arrangement on the other side of the sentiment.
Here's another view looking down on the card.  I can never decide the best angle for easel card photographs lol!
This is what the card looks like when it is folded up to go in its matching box.
On the base of the inside of the box I added a die cut sentiment from Tim Holtz and some butterflies punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
To make the box easier to open I came up with this idea.  I attached a length of ribbon to the inside and draped it over one edge to the outside of the box.  Once the lid is on you can simply pull up on the ribbon and the box lid comes off with ease (and without breaking any nails lol!).  I added a layered butterfly to the part of the ribbon that hangs outside of the box.
 I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  Why not pop over to the Ribbon Girl blog and have a browse through the rest of the team's gorgeous creations. x




1 comment:

Margo said...

Such a lovely card !
Greetz
Margo