Sunday 27 September 2015

Ribbon Girl DT - Button Up!

Good morning!  Today's creation is my take on the Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge which this week is 'Button Up'. 
 I have painted the gorgeous Chic Fringe Tilda with Distress Inks and added some details with a white gel pen.  She looks like she is holding a foxglove to me - one of my favourite flowers - so I decided to have a go at making a some flowers that would resemble foxgloves.
Here's the result.  What do you think?  I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out for a first attempt.  I have used one of the Doohickeys from the Vol 4 kit to make the flowers and the leaves.  The stamens are from The Ribbon Girl.
 I have arranged the foxgloves with some purple gypsophillia from The Ribbon Girl.
 The lace, button twine and wooden button are also from The Ribbon Girl.
 The butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
 The gorgeous guipure laces and the brass button charms are also from The Ribbon Girl.  I have snipped the loops from the charms with some scissors so that I could use them as flat buttons.
 I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at The Ribbon Girl.  Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations.  Thanks for looking! x

♥ 

No comments: