Tuesday 16 June 2015

Magnolia-licious DT - Sun, Sea and Sand

 Good morning!  We have a fabulous challenge up and running over on the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog at the moment with a theme of 'Sun, Sea and Sand'.
 I inked up this little cutie from the Sea Breeze collection: Playing on the Beach Tilda.  I've painted her with Distress Inks and added some details with a white gel pen.
 I painted a beach scene around her and added little sketched details such as pebbles and shells on the beach.  I also added details such as the waves hitting the sand with a white gel pen.
 Can you see the seagulls I've painted in the sky?  The hearts are the cut outs from the new tag from the Vol 5 Doohickey Kit.  I've also added faux stitching around the edge of the card with black and white pens, depending on whether they are on light or dark areas of the paper.
 The sentiment is hand written too.
 The gorgeous pennant string is also a die from the new Doohickey Vol 5 kit.  All of the dies from this kit are amazing.  I think the kits are such great value for the amount of dies you receive.  Diana has them on free delivery too!
 I was certainly into doodling when I created this card!  I doodled some faux stitching in the top left corner of the image mat too!
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia-licious.  As always Diana is sponsoring with a fabulous prize from the Magnolia-licious store.

Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations.  Thanks for looking! x

2 comments:

McStamper said...

What a great card. Beautiful coloring.

Candy said...

Hi Jane,

I haven't been able to comment for a while but have seen all your beautiful cards!
I LOVE this one - it is so very special with all the hand done details and your beautiful painting.
Hugs, Candy