Monday 23 March 2015

Stempelglede DT - Mother's Day Card

Good evening!  This evening I want to share with you the card I made for my Mum for Mother's Day which was 15th March here in the UK.  The inspiration for my card was the faux bunch of wild flowers in the photograph which I bought for her for Mother's Day. 
 I used the Butterfly Collage stamp from the Post Card from Paris stamp set.  I stamped the image once onto watercolour paper and then again onto coffee filter paper.  I used Distress Inks to paint the coffee filter paper image and then cut out the butterflies and stamp to give extra dimension to the image.  I have used some letters from my stash to add 'Mum' to the image mat.  I also stamped around the edges of the mat with the Weathered Splatter stamp from the Grunge Flourish Hearts stamp set in a soft grey ink.
 The lace, button twine and birdcage are all from The Ribbon Girl.  I painted the birdcage with Gesso to suite the soft colours of the Maja Design papers which are from the Nyhavn collection.
 I also added measuring tape ribbon and cheesecloth from The Ribbon Girl.
 The daisy lace along the top and bottom edges I recycled from one of my daughter's old dresses.  I made the buttercups and sweetpeas myself using EK Success Retro Flower punches.  I stamped the French Script stamp from the Post Card from Paris stamp set onto some vellum and placed it under the cheesecloth but peeping out.
 I tried to recreate the Salvia from the bunch of flowers with three Kort & Godt chrysanthemums threaded through a daisy flower before tinting them with Milled Lavender Distress Ink.
 I also made some Periwinkles using a Doohickey flower die.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x


2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow this card is fantastic and very lovely. a great card for the mom.
Francy

mgoll88 said...

Was für eine fantastische Idee, einfach total großartig und so klasse gestaltet...

LG
Michaela