Thursday 26 March 2015

Pink Girl in a Pink World

Good morning!  I have another layout to share today that I have been meaning to create for several months, and I finally found the time this week!  I have used paper by Tim Holtz and one from my stash to create this mostly pink page.  The stunning chipboard branch and falling blossoms is by Dusty Attic.  I originally thought I would most definitely be making all of the flowers on it pink but when I laid it on the page during my designing process I decided the contrast of the kraft colour against all the pink lifted the page.
The pink frame is from Webster's Pages and I have added a flower from my stash and part of a feather butterfly.  I have added stamens to the butterfly wings for antennae.  The doily behind the butterfly was cut with a Prima die.  The cute heart ribbon along the bottom is from my stash.
I have added the year to my page with some cut outs from a Pion Design paper which I have inked with a Prima chalk edger.
I fussy cut around the flowers and leaves of the background paper so that they could trail delicately over the pink paper.
The gorgeous flowers and birdcage are from Prima and there's another Prima doily behind the large flower too.
The title is a mixture of Webster's pages alphabet stickers and Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.
The butterflies were created with a Stempelglede stamp from the Post Card from Paris stamp set, stamped onto coffee filter paper.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

No comments: