Friday 12 September 2014

Stempelglede DT - Altered Paperweight


 Good morning!  I'm excited to share my latest project using the stunning Stempelglede Stamps.  I recently bought a paperweight in a local discount store - the image was not to my taste at all but I hoped I would be able to remove it and add my own :).  Using a combination of my heat tool and soaking in warm water I managed to get the felt backing off in one piece and also the image.  I knew exactly which stamp I was going to use, it is no secret to regular readers that I love anything to do with butterflies :).  It is from the Postcard from Paris collection.  I have painted around the butterflies with pale washes of Distress Ink colours to match my decor.  I added some light shading to the butterflies and painted the postage stamp in a deeper shade of green.  I've adhered the paper weight to my image with Glossy Accents.  I also used Glossy Accents to glue the felt to the back of the image so that the weight doesn't damage my desk!
I hope you like it and I've inspired you to decorate your own objects with Stempelglede stamps!  Thanks for looking. x


3 comments:

Dortesjs said...

aww it is great love this idea.

Mo said...

This is a great idea dear Jane - I love what you've created with your paperweight!
Big hugs,
Mo

mgoll88 said...

Fanatstic creation, love it

LG
Michaela