Wednesday 3 July 2013

It's Summer Time!

 
Yes, honestly, it IS summer time lol!  You might not think it at the moment if you live in the UK as someone seems to have forgotten to let the weather know that it is now July!  I had a jumper on today, it's just wrong lol!  Anyway, in my jumper, whilst considering if I could really bring myself to put the heating on in July I cheered myself up making a card that evokes warmer days.  I have been having a lot of fun with the new Magnolia Stamp kit since it arrived on Monday but can't show you my other creations just yet, but this one is just for fun and I'm entering it into the Stamp and Create with Magnolia Challenge who's theme is Summer Fun!
 Adorable little Tilda is all ready to go to the beach - she just needs to get her bathing costume on - so I made her a beach hut to get changed in lol.  I've used an older Magnolia paper for the beach hut.  Tilda is coloured with copics as always.
 The cute surf board was cut from some Kaisercraft papers and the starfish and shells are from Hobby Craft.
 More shells in the right hand corner nestled among some ivory gypsophilia from The Ribbon Girl.
 I used the Lovely Fence Doohickey to create the beach fence along with some twine from The Ribbon Girl.   Far on the horizon is a peaceful looking yacht riding the sparkling sea.
 I used the lace doohickey for the roof boards of the beach hut and the heart button and the twine are from The Ribbon Girl too.
I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

5 comments:

Christina C. said...

This is adorable....spectacular coloring and a very creative design!
Outstanding!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love this card and I can't wait to get this image! Your coloring is fabulous and your details are wonderful!

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wow this is gorgeous. A great creation. Love it. Hugs, Ankie

mgoll88 said...

What a wodnerfull summer creation, looks wodnerfull and this new image ist just too sweet

LG
Michaela

Lacey Stephens said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the scene you created and your coloring is gorgeous! I can't wait to get these stamps in stock! Thank you for playing along with the Stamp and Create with Magnolia Summer Fun Challenge. We will have another fun one tomorrow. We hope you will play along again soon.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com (15% off sale through Sunday, July 7th)
Stamp and Create with Magnolia Challenges