Saturday 15 June 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenges DT - Anything Goes

Good evening!  I am so excited to share my project for this week's Magnolia Down Under Challenge where our theme is "Anything Goes".  I've had a tiny heart shaped chocolate tin in my craft room since Valentine's Day thinking that I would alter it at some point and here is the finished piece!  I really love how it turned out! It started out black on the bottom and pink on the top, which I covered with a coat of gesso followed by a coat of Pickett Fence Crackle Paint.
I've added the cute mini Tilda with Two Rosettes #3097 over the top.


While the paint was still wet I sprinkled on some Shabby Blue Frantage.  The pretty blue lace was a gift from my lovely friend Louise.
I am so in love with my new Orchids Doohickey #92!  I've used it so often since it arrived - as you'll see over the next few posts!  I also added a gorgeous Kort & Godt flower and a brass key (which I've Frantaged too) from The Ribbon Girl.
The button twine is also from The Ribbon Girl and I added some Martha Stewart punched butterflies to complete the lid on the lace...

...and on the right hand side.  Let's have a look inside shall we?
When you open up the tin there is a gold cherub nestled on a bed of ivory tulle.  The tulle is from The Ribbon Girl and the cherub was a gift from my lovely friend Kylie.  I also added another hand made orchid and some pearls.
On the inside of the lid I added a beautiful sentiment from Stempelglede - "Take care you're special to me".  This has been Frantaged too.
Here's a close up of the sweet cherub...
...and the sentiment.

I hope you like it and I've inspired you to join us at Magnolia Down Under for our Anything Goes challenge. Pop over to the blog to see the rest of the team's stunning creations.  Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your weekend! x

2 comments:

Alexandra♥ said...

Amazing and very inspiring creation, Jane!

Unknown said...

Ein Traum,wundervoll,fantastisch,

Liebe Grüße Petra